The Positive Impact of Technology Advances on Risk Management
Recent developments at the DOJ and SEC with respect to a change in FCPA enforcement focus has created an increased awareness among corporations of the need to re-evaluate their compliance programs. The recent Yates memo stated a renewed focus on prosecuting individuals over corporations including tripling the number of investigators and doubling the number of prosecutors.
The best practices of a compliance program as outlined in the joint DOJ/SEC FCPA Resource Guide, identify a broad range of best practices including communicating policies to employees, delivering FCPA training, establishing accounting procedures, conducting internal audits, etc.
These developments point to the increased need of corporations to institute a scalable best practices compliance program sooner rather than later. One component of this will be to incorporate automation into many aspects of their compliance programs.
Automated transaction monitoring solutions address three specific areas of best practices and allow corporations to do the following:
- Monitor transactions and activities for improper behavior.
- Perform compliance audits around travel and entertainment (T&E) and purchasing (AP).
- Be able to demonstrate how often policies are communicated and reminders sent.
This webinar presented by Patrick Taylor, CEO of OversightSystems will address state of the art in automated transaction monitoring and answer the following questions:
- What are the elements of an effective automated transaction monitoring program that enables efficient identification, remediation, and communication of potential FCPA risk?
- What are the practical steps in implementing an FCPA automated compliance transaction monitoring solution?
- How is an FCPA automated transaction monitoring solution used in practice to reduce FCPA risk? By whom?
Please fill out the form to watch the webinar.